Tzedek provides a national support, prevention and advocacy service to survivors of sexual abuse in the Jewish community. Our work includes:
- Support and counselling to survivors of familial and institutional abuse and their families, including assistance with the National Redress Scheme.
- A culturally specific evidenced based education program, Project J-Protect. The program is available to organisations such as schools, synagogues, youth movements, scouts and sporting clubs and is tailored to meet the needs of the specific organisation.
- A child protection policy consultancy service, working closely with Jewish organisations to better support them in the development and sustainability of their child protections policies. This service promotes a link between policy, education and best practice in a culturally sensitive matter.
Who can refer?
Referrals to Tzedek can be made by:
- Family members
- Consultation with professionals and members of the Jewish community
- Representatives of organisations seeking education programs
- Representatives of organisations seeking consultation regarding child protection policies