Services for youth with abusive sexual behaviours
SECASA AWARE provide assessment and treatment of sexually abusive behaviour (SAB) and problem sexual behaviour (PSB) in children and young people, whilst providing support to their parents and carers in the southern region of Melbourne, Victoria.
We work with a number of age groups:
- Children under 10 years (PSB);
- Children and young people 10-14 years (SAB or PSB)
- Children and young people 10-14 years (SAB), under the provisions of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 for Therapeutic Treatment Order (TTO);
- Young people 15-17 years (SAB).
Our vision is for a safe society, which recognises sexually abusive behaviour and problem sexual behaviour as a public health issue and to respond within a therapeutic framework, whilst supporting parents and carers, to work toward the elimination of these behaviours in children and young people.
Our mission is to undertake best practice assessment and treatment of sexually abusive behaviour and problem sexual behaviour for children and young people, whilst providing support to parents and carers, in the southern region of Melbourne, Victoria.
Our practice reflects and endorses the Program Principles as outlined in the CEASE Standards of Practice for Problem Sexual Behaviours and Sexually Abusive Behaviour Treatment Programs. CEASE is the peak body for Sexually Abusive Treatment Programs.
Who can refer?
Referral for service can be made by:
- Parents/carers of the child or young person;
- Community organisations that have active involvement with the child or young person;
- Health professionals;
- Government Departments and Statutory Authorities, including DHS Child Protection, Disability Services and DET;