South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault & Family Violence

Options for men regarding reporting to police

For Male Survivors

Tags: Child Sexual Abuse, Legal Information, Rape

Author: South Eastern CASA

This article is written for men and assumes a male offender, however SECASA acknowledges that both men and women can be survivors of sexual abuse and that offenders can be male and female.


A SECASA worker talks about the options available to victims of sexual assault. Reporting to the police is not an easy process and not everyone is able to do it. In Victoria, the Centres Against Sexual Assault offer help, advice and support in order to assist in the process, including helping victims to prepare for appearing as a witness in court and applying for victims of crime compensation.

Return to top