Providing support to vulnerable children and families
This guide is for registered school teachers or principals in Victoria, about their role in ensuring that vulnerable children are protected and supported.
- Summary of the guide
- Section 1: Providing support to vulnerable children and their families
- Agreements between the education sector and child and family services
- New Child FIRST teams
- Section 2: Important things to know about information sharing
- Should I allow my identity to be disclosed?
- When should I seek the consent of a child or their parents to disclose information to Child FIRST or Child Protection?
- What if I am unsure what to do?
- Section 3: Referring to Child FIRST and reporting to Child Protection
- How do I know when to call Child FIRST or Child Protection?
- Making a referral to Child FIRST
- Making a report to Child Protection
- Making a mandatory report to Child Protection
- Section 4: Sharing information with Child FIRST and Child Protection
- Authorised professionals and agencies
- Summary of information sharing guidelines and how they apply to you