It happened to us: Men talk about child sexual abuse
This article is written for men and assumes a male offender, however SECASA acknowledges that both men and women can be survivors of sexual abuse and that offenders can be male and female.
This booklet is about the experience of male survivors of child sexual abuse and covers the impact and effects of sexual abuse, being a parent and disclosure.
- It happened to boys too
- What is child sexual abuse?
- Contributors' views about this booklet
- Family life
- Common misconceptions
- Educating the community
- Educating children
- Educating adults
- Disclosure as a Child
- Disclosure as an adult
- Response of professionals
- Long-term effects of abuse
- Impact of abuse - Fear and shame
- Impact of abuse - Effects on the child
- Impact of abuse - Adult relationships
- Impact of abuse - Masculinity
- Impact of abuse - Sexual relationships
- Impact of abuse - Being a parent
- Moving on
- Help and support
- Where to from here?