Going too far: Creating non-violent relationships
This booklet gives young people the chance to look at what happens when people have destructive relationships, and to show you that you can decide to have relationships without having to dominate or be victimised. There are exercises and stories included which are intended to challenge the way you think and encourage you to talk about your own ideas and experiences with your friends and classmates.
- Creating a non-violent relationship
- What is violence?
- Facts about family violence
- So what's all this got to do with you?
- Going too far - rape
- Common beliefs about rape
- Susan & Kate's stories
- Nobody told me it was rape
- Getting it right for boys
- Self-esteem and communication
- Tips on listening
- Assertive behavior
- Decision making
- Dealing with conflict
- Rape: what if it happens to you?